Re: Sarracenia in Oregon

Rob Brisler (brislerr@ozemail.com.au)
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 23:11:08 +1000 (EST)

gardner@magick.net (Sara A. Gardner) wrote:

>Carl Mazur states:
>
>>First off Sarracenia don't grow in Oregon!
>
>Well, they had better! Have two on the kitchen window
>sill, and many more in the greenhouse! <BG> In fact,
>they are doing better than the darlingtonia.
>
>Sara in Grants Pass, Oregon

Thanks Sara, for a while I thought I must be COMPLETELY ignorant! My guess
that _S. leucophylla_ Blackwater River Forest came from Oregon was based on
the fact that I heard that the seed collectors had visited there.

Thanks to all who have corrected me. I have looked at
http://www.wildflorida.com/places/blckwatr.html but could find no mention of
CPs.

I have updated my CP database with the correct location.

Thanks again,

Rob Brisler