Re: Too hot for Drosera capensis

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Fri, 02 Aug 96 17:21 EDT

> From: Stefano Mosca <fly@RM3.FLASHNET.IT>
>
> since last week I kept my drosera capensis on my balcony and it got direct
> sun for about 12 hr per day. Now here it's getting pretty hot and I noticed
> that the end part of the leaves are getting burnt (they are brown), so I
> keep it in the shade during the hot hours of the day. The plant is flowering
> now, would this shade be of any harm to the plant?? Would it be better to
> keep the plant in shade all day to make it recover those burnt leaves???

You're doing the right thing. It was getting to much light.
D.capensis does like some shade and I think when someone
says to give it full sun, they mean either their plants are
kept very very wet or they are being grow in a greenhouse which
shades plants (by at least 10%) all by it's self.

Dave Evans