Re: Need help for D. regia

Phil (cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 21:36:58 GMT

In your message dated Tuesday 30, July 1996 you wrote :

> One question: I have a P. gypsicola 6 months old (from Allen seeds), now
=
> leaves are
> about 3 cm long and the plant look goods. It is possible that it will
fl=
> ower this
> summer or is too young? =
>

> Thanks in advance and best regards
>
> Alessandro Delfrate (alex.gizmo@iol.it)

It sounds like your plants are doing very well. It is unlikely that they
will flower this year though. P. gypsicola usually flowers now (mine are in
full flower at the moment). Remember with this species in particular that
you must allow it to completely dry out when it goes into winter dormancy
and not re-wet the plant until the new carnivorous leaves appear from the
centre of the rosette.

--
Phil Wilson
(cp@pwilson.demon.co.uk)