Re: Looking for plants, have trades or money.

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 23 Jul 1996 21:28:23 +0100

On 22 Jul 96 at 13:09, Susan Ziegler wrote:

> Ok. I'm looking for young plants to trade for young 'Dionea muscipula' or
> buy. It doesn't matter to me, just that I get them. I am searching for:
>
> 1. 'Drosera stolinfera' (Branching Form)
> 2. 'Utricularia sandersonii'

It's spelled 'stolonifera' - because it 'bears stolons' (sort of
underground stems).
Maybe someone somewhere might have some tubers if you can't get seed.

But U. sandersonii is a *weed* - albeit a nice one! Once you get
either seed or a clump of plant, it will soon be everywhere.
Hopefully someone nearby might be willing to offer a bit.

Sorry to be rather uncooperative myself. I grow nearly all my stuff
from seed, and don't want to get into the habit of trying to ship
plant material other than seed abroad. I have what I believe is one
type of D. stolonifera, but it was grown from anonymous seed. so I've no
idea what it is.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)