Re: Another new subscriber!

Chris Teichreb (teichrch@Meena.CC.URegina.CA)
Tue, 02 Jul 1996 16:14:28 -0600 (CST)

Hi Chris
On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, chris raby wrote:

> 1) Ive pulled across the CP.sellerlist and you chaps in the U.S.A seem
> to be able to get plants at a fraction of the cost that I pay in the
> UK (especially the Nepenthes). I have ordered plants in Europe but
> never from the U.S - are there any special procedures to take? Perhaps
> someone could enlighten me?

If you order plants from any other country, you'll have to worry
about having the proper CITES permits. All Nepenthes species (and
hybrids) are classed as either Appendix I or II CITES species. If they
classed as Appendix II, the person sending you the Nepenthes will require
a CITES export permit. Most of the larger nurseries will have these.

Good luck!

Chris