Symbiotic squirrel carnivory

Gordon Wells (wells@ic.upc.es)
Mon, 1 Jul 1996 10:14:33 UTC+0200

Hi Dave,

On Fri, 28 Jun 96 17:01 EDT, Dave Evans wrote:

> I'd rather just practice my aim with my
> pellet gun on the squirrels who dig up my beloved Sarracenia! If
> they don't get hit in the head and die, they don't suffer more than
> a good bruise and so they learn not to come back.

Now wait a minute here... you mean you'd blow the head off a
cute, furry little vertebrate just to protect a little patch
of glorified lettuce ? It sounds to me like your plants are
getting a little too big for their britches insofar as the food
chain is concerned. In effect, they've moved on to some genuine
carnivory with a little help from a friend.

I'm rooting for the squirrels. :^D

Gordon Wells
Instituto de Cibernetica
Diagonal 647, planta 2