Re: Nepenthes Leaf Coloring

Ken Cusson (ccskenc@redshift.com)
Sat, 29 Jun 1996 23:33:38 -0700

RSbra123@aol.com wrote:
> I have a N. Khasiana that did the same thing. I'm sure it was sunburn
> because it stopped at a line made by the leaf above it. I since gave
> it more shade. The leaf finally started turning brown and dry along
> the edge and the trap began to dry up. With more shade, the newer >
> leaves are doing fine, and the older ones are ok too.
>
> Ron Sbragia

Now this is odd. I thought that Nepenthes was a sun-loving plant. The
way this sounds it really needs quite a bit shade. Any other comments
from anyone about this particular species? How much light does it like
(can anybody actually tell me the amount of light, in lumens, needed for
it?)?

Ken C.

Ken C.