Re: predator urine

Adrian Arnold (arnold@bigb.win-uk.net)
Thu, 27 Jun 1996 22:26:17

FWIW,

In this area of England (Devon), and probably various other areas
as well, it is said that if you have a problem with animals such as
rabbits or deer chewing up favoured plants, getting a helpful
gent' to liberally sprinkle the affected areas will effect a cure.
The duration of the cure seems to depend on weather conditions for
obvious reasons, but having obliged with the experiment once or
twice, I am informed that it seems to work;)

Of course, the extra nitrogen helps many plants to grow better too,
(although obviously not desirable in CP media). I don't think the
smell is too much of a problem unless done repeatedly on the same
spot - after all, most of the animals concerned have much better
senses of smell than us hemans:-) (BTW - keep an eye open for
nosey neighbours!)

Regards, Adrian Arnold.

>Hi all,
>
>On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Eric Kamakea wrote:
>
>> would perdator urine double as a soil enhancer as well or do you only
>> apply it in tactical locations?

<SNIP>