Re: R.gorgonias

Peter Cole (carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 25 Jun 1996 01:14:36 GMT

"Thomas K. Hayes (& Krissy)" <tkhayes@pennet.net> writes:

> >This was about 6 weeks ago, and I'd not been paying much attention to
> >the tray until today. Yes, you guessed it - I now have a R.gorgonias
> >sprout with a small tuft of leaves on a 1" stalk! from only 3 seeds
> >sown!!
>

> Not be the eternal pessimist, but I have had similar experiences only
> to find that the new sprout turned out to be a stray seed in the peat
> or a drop in from the wind..... If you can see the seed coat on the
> plant and it matches the other unsprouted seeds, then you are lucky
> indeed!

I can and it does - also the plant is nothing like anything I have
seen before - it's certainly not anything else from my collection,
and matches nothing else that has ever spontaneously sprouted in
my peat. For the benefit of anyone who has never seen a Roridula
(albeit it's still small,) there'll be a photo on my webpage
sometime this week (finally got hold of a scanner that works -
yippee!)

Happy growing,

Peter

snail:Peter Cole,17 Wimmerfield Cr. :mailto:carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk