Re: Live sphagnum on SF penninsula?

Ken Cusson (ccskenc@redshift.com)
Fri, 21 Jun 1996 23:01:44 -0700

Richard Hyde wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I've checked a number of nurserys and garden shops on the San
> Francisco penninsula looking for live sphagnum. No joy.
>
> Can anyone give me a pointer to where I might find some?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rick

Hi, Rick!

You might try California Carnivores. They advertise it for something
like $3.00 per pound. It is almost impossible to find - most Garden
Centers have no use for it when they can get the dried form. If you have
seen what some of these places have done to the VFTs they sell at this
time of year, you would understand shy they can't sell "live" sphagnum.

Take Care!

Ken C.