Re: Storage of VFT's in fridge

John Walker (jorwa@ix.netcom.com)
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 08:05:17 -0700

You wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
> I kwno I have asked this question before, but I have forgotten most
>of what everyone said!
>
> Anyway, it is now CP dormancy over here in Australia (My tuberous
>Drosera are up though, and they are looking healthy) and I would
>like to store my VFT's in the refridgerator. Is it safe to place them
>in those little press seal plastic bags? Or does this cause fungus?
>Also, should the bulb be totally dry?
Russell,

I have just taken my VFT's out of the fridge in the last two weeks.
They were in storage for 6.5 months (I'm reversing their growing
schedule to avoid our desert heat) and came through it just fine. I
let them dry out to the point that they were just barely moist, and
then placed them in poly bags which then went into the crisper drawer
of the fridge. I made sure that a little of the just moist growing
medium was still wrapped around each bulb. I hope this helps.

John Walker