Re: Cephalotus pollination

Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 20 May 1996 23:32:29 +0100

On 17 May 96 at 1:56, Chris Marsden wrote:

> I have a Cephalotus that has just started to form it's first
> flower bud.
> Does anyone know whether it will produce viable seed if I
> self-pollinate it or should I just cut it off?

Quite a few replies already, before I even got round to reading the
question. I agree that even solitary plants seem capable of producing
seed, as mine did last year. None of them have germinated yet though,
so I can't guarantee that they are viable. From what others have
said, it sounds like there is still hope.

I'm told that leaf or pitcher cuttings are a more reliable way of
getting new plants.

--
Clarke Brunt (clarke@brunt.demon.co.uk)