Re: Is Superthrive supersilly

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Thu, 09 May 96 18:30 EDT

> From: barry@AS.ARIZONA.EDU(Barry Meyers-Rice)
>
> Well, there may be compelling reasons to suggest it may work, but I would
> like some experimental evidence. Just because it may work on tomato plants
> doesn't mean CP will like it. Also, even if B1 and rooting hormones turn
> out to be fine on CP, what else is in Superthrive? Anything CP-incompatible?
> Experimental evidence is king.

Ok, these are real good points. Generally speaking, I don't use
any rooting hormones on any CP. They don't need it! Infact they
seem to grow/root quickier without them. Of course, the effects
they *might* have on plants that *already* have roots are not known,
to me anyway. On Vitamin B1, I'd think nearly all plants would
benifit from getting some of this. I'm thinking along these lines:
while it's not a fertilizer it does come pretty close to being
a basic nutrient as just about all plants use it. So I feel that
wondering if B1 itself is good for plants is like asking, "Could
they use some nitrogen?"

> Incidentally, everytime I look at my wife's bottle of superthrive, I am
> driven to sniff the stuff. It smells much like vegemite, which the
> Ozzies and Kiwis on this list would join me in appreciating. Yumm!

It flew and I mean wings and all, right over my head...

Dave Evans