Re: Re: Superthrive

Oliver T Massey CFS (massey@hal.fmhi.usf.edu)
Wed, 8 May 1996 17:03:27 -0400 (EDT)

> > From: Chris Marsden <100620.2156@COMPUSERVE.COM>
> >
> > I need some of this stuff!!
>
> Me too!!! Nobody sells the stuff around here!
>
> > ingredient is 1-Napthalycetic Acid then as that is the (cytokinin?) that
> > promotes root growth all TC enthusiasts that have this acid lying around
should
> > be able to knock a bit of this into a solution of phostrogen, therefore
creating
> > a hormone/fertiliser mix, or perhaps we could just add Hormone rooting
powder,
> > as NAA is also a main ingredient of this.
>
> This is what I was thinking of after trying several stores, while
> looking for Superthive. I kept on seeing Vitamin B1 for transplants
> and seedlings and right next to that was RooTone (NAA). But I wonder
> is this version of NAA water soluble? How will I get the numbers
> right so I don't kill my plants?
>
> Dave Evans

FWIW department:

OFE International Inc.
PO Box 164402
Miami, Fl. 33116
(305)253-7080
fax (305)251-8245

Carries Superthrive, New Zealand, Florida, and Wisconsin sphagnum moss, tree
fern mulch, osmunda fiber, coconut fiber, and several fungicides, insecticides
etc. They seem to be mostly oriented to orchid growers, with lots of pots,
planters, mixes. etc. I have ordered from them on occasion. I would expect
your freight cost for bulky items would get expensive pretty quickly.

Tom in Fl.