Re: Is Superthrive Supersilly

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Tue, 07 May 96 18:02 EDT

> From: barry@AS.ARIZONA.EDU(Barry Meyers-Rice)
>
> Has anyone done this? I am still in the camp that thinks Superthrive is
> snake-oil (colloquial for semi-mystical nonsense to fool people). I would
> like to be convinced.

Barry,

Why wouldn't it work? It has vitamin B1 and rooting hormone
both of which have been proven to work already. Vitamin B1
is used to reduce transplant shock by strenghting the roots
and improving overall vigor, rooting hormone 1-NAA (sp?) does
what it supposed to...

BTW, this stuff should slow/stop (kill?) basal growth on
Nepenthes when given through the pitchers of the main stem, has
anyone experienced this?

Dave Evans