Georgia/Florida trip

carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk
Wed, 24 Apr 1996 21:16:34 +0100

To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com

Jan@pbc-ths1.pci.chemie.uni-tuebingen.de (Jan Schlauer) writes:

> Dear Peter,
>
> >> 1 +[Dioncophyllum]
> >> 1 +[Habropetalum]
> >> 1 +[Triphyophyllum]
> >
> > Correct me if I'm wrong,
>
> I do fear so.
>
> > but aren't the first two invalid synonyms
> > of the third?
>
> Not at all. The first two are only not carnivorous.

I stand corrected... but it begs the question: why are these
names in the DB if they refer to non-carnivorous plants? At
least Roridula has a historical excuse for inclusion.

> > If any of our German friends should find themselves in Bonn anytime,
> > perhaps a quick photo-stop at the Botanical Gardens (where a captive
> > specimen is now to be found,) would be possible?
>
> In Wuerzburg we have good pictures taken in Ivory Coast one week ago. But I
> think some negotiation will be necessary with the author (Prof. Bringmann).
> I will see what I can do.

<drool!> I've only ever seen the (pretty crappy,) photo in CHEERS
(herbarium specimen?) and the rather nicer line drawing in SLACK,
so I shall look forward to this if it can be arranged.

If I win the lottery, I'm on the first plane to Germany :-)

Happy growing,

Peter

snail:Peter Cole,17 Wimmerfield Cr. :mailto:carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk
Killay, SWANSEA SA2 7BU, WALES :http://www.angel.co.uk/flytrap/index.htm