Re: CP CD-ROM

Peter Cole (carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 23:19:35 GMT

Rick Walker <walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com> writes:
> Here's a summary of what is missing:
>
> 1 +[Aldrovanda]

Could we perhaps use the photo from the back of the recent CPN? (I
forget the issue and credit - does anyone know if the photographer
can be persuaded to allow this?) I'm hoping to borrow a closeup
lens to photo my plants sometime soon, but the flowers in the CPN
shot would make it an excellent (and all the harder to recreate,)
shot for the DB.

> 1 +[Dioncophyllum]
> 1 +[Habropetalum]
> 1 +[Triphyophyllum]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the first two invalid synonyms
of the third? (Unless there are more carnivores out there than I
thought :)
If any of our German friends should find themselves in Bonn anytime,
perhaps a quick photo-stop at the Botanical Gardens (where a captive
specimen is now to be found,) would be possible?

> Actually, I think this is great - we've achieved 16% coverage in only
> a year! I'd like to propose 50% coverage as the CDROM "go-ahead"
> target...

That's good progress. I'll try to fill in any gaps I can when I
get hold of the closeup lens (if I can hold it straight and point
it in the right direction.)

Happy growing,

Peter

snail:Peter Cole,17 Wimmerfield Cr. :mailto:carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk