Re: Growing CP's in tin planters?

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Tue, 16 Apr 96 20:56 EDT

> From: Chris Teichreb <teichrch@MEENA.CC.UREGINA.CA>
>
> I'm in the process of moving into a new apartment. This
> apartment is of the 70's style (you can imagine!)

I'm have a little trouble, I was born in '72 and just about
only things I remember from the 70's are disco and Kiss.
It's kinda scary. ;)

> and part of it's 'feature' are these two long planter boxes
> along the wall seperating the kitchen and living room areas.
> These planter boxes are lined with tin planters, to keep in
> the water, etc. So, I figured I might as well make the best of
> it and through some plants (well, not through) into it. I
> figured on some D.capensis to start with, and go from there.

Chris, about this planter boxes, what kind of shape are they in?
Nice and sturdy? If they are are like what I'm imagining, I'd
just take out the tin planters and line the boxes with plastic.
Fill with a good mix, add a small hose from a fish tank for
siphonning out excess water and presto: You've got a indoor bog.
Thought getting enough light for it might prove to be un-pleasing
to the eye... But hey, with all those CP's, who'd be looking at the
lights?

Dave Evans