For Paul Temple

Perry Malouf (pmalouf@access.digex.net)
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 12:22:57 -0500 (EST)

Paul, I tried sending this directly to you, to
the address listed in the header of your message, but
it bounced. You wrote:

> ...if anyone out there can give me the exact name/reference of a
> suitable in-vitro medium for CP's, I'd appreciate it. If the
> reference can include a Sigma Chemicals or Aldrich reference number
> that would be brilliant.

If you have a simple WWW browser, like lynx, then you should
check out Rick Walker's "slide show" on the CP home page at

http://www.hpl.hp.com/bot/cp_home

It's a wonderful article about doing tissue culture at home. His
recommended reference is "Plants from Test Tubes" by Lydian Kyte,
published by Timber Press, 9999 S. W. Wilshire, Portland, Oregon
97225 (ISBN 0-88192-040-1).

> While we're at it, I tried mailing the server with the following
> two commands to try to find archive info on in-vitro media for CP's:
>
> First I sent to: listserv@opus.hpl.hp.com
> with no subject and text of "index cp"
> Then I tried to: listproc@opus.hpl.hp.com
> with no subject and text of "index cp"
>
> (in both cases I did not include quote marks)

I've always used the second of the two addresses you tried, but
I put the command in the subject field and repeat it in the
text as well.

Good luck..
Perry Malouf