Re: Benomyl

Gregory Drasher (grdras01@homer.louisville.edu)
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 19:07:34 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, Carlstrom_Rick wrote:

> Ok all you Chemistry majors out there...

Sorry, I'm a psychology major.

> Can anyone tell me the exact active ingredient(s) in benomyl. I am
> having a mildew/grey mold problem on some S. purpurea's and am
> having a hard time finding Benomyl/Benlate.

Rick, I recently purchased a can of Benomyl from a local
nursery. The salesman told me that this product has been
discontinued because the manufacturers created a new
formula. Apparently, the new formula must first be
approved by the relevant agency. This nursery (a chain)
has some 15 cases on hand. Anyway, the label reads:

Active Ingredient:
Benomyl Methyl 1-(butylcarbamoyl)-2
benzimidazolecarbamate...25%
Inert Ingredients...75%