Re: Little Pot of Horrors?

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Fri, 09 Feb 96 16:48 EST

> From: "/R=HERLVX/R=AM/U=WELCH/L=US EPA/TN=(919) 541-0513/FFN=Jeffrey
> Welch/"@MR.RTPNC.EPA.GOV(919)(919)(919)(919)
>

> Does anyone have information about a company called "Little Pot of
> Horrors"? Here in North Carolina they seem to have taken over the
> retail niche left vacant by Ron Gagliardo's " Hungry Plants. Their
> plants are advertised as and do appear to be propagated by tissue
> culture. I rescued a mexican ping last year from a sale table, and
> while it looks like a _P. agnata x gypsicola_ it has yet to bloom.
> The original label was no help, it said "Sundew". Any info would be
> appreciated.
>

> Jeff

Hi,

I've seen these horror pots as well. You can get a whole terrarium
that fits in the palm of your hand for $25. I saw D.intermedia,
D.rotundifolia, VFT, some Mexican Ping, D.adelea and other plants
inside. Not really worth it though, most of the plants in them
are dead. Why can't retailers keep their CP stock alive? I think
many more people would get into this hobby if they didn't dead
plant on display.

Dave Evans

P.S. I also saw some S.purpurea getting horror treatment too.