re: Utric traps

L235@aol.com
Fri, 9 Feb 1996 13:25:15 -0500

In CP digest 616, Lloyd Wix writes:

>With terrestrial species I suppose it may be possible to
> grow them above a clear reservoir of water - just like that
> photo of G.hispidula on the front cover of one of last years
> CPN's. This way it may be possible to encourage the plant to
> grow into the water as thus be able to view the traps. Has
> anyone out there tried this?

This maybe overly simplistic, but I've found with my U. longifolia that you
can't help but have it grow out into water. Its pot sits in a clear plastic
tray, and the stolons/traps grow right out of the drain holes in the bottom
of the pot into the water of the tray. (and they're perhaps 1mm across).

Jay Lechtman
L235@aol.com