Re: CP digest 596

Weston Bielby (weston@mailhost.hooked.net)
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 08:13:23 -0800

On Sat, Jan 20, 1996 6:37:00 AM at cp@opus.hpl.hp.com wrote:

>In following a web lead for something else, I ran across an online
> bookstore at "amazon.com"...
>
> I have never ordered from these people nor do I know anyone who has,
> so I have no idea what kind of reputation they have. I just thought
> the information might be of use to someone here.

Just a follow-up. I have ordered several books from amazon (on a wide range
of subjects), and they seem to be very good and reliable. Only problem with
their list is that many of the books are children's books, and several of
the "Special Order" titles came back as unavailable, or with messages that
they could not locate the publishers.
I would like very much to lay my hands on copies of the two Slack books
(not Dodge Construction Systems...), which I have been searching for for
over a year. If any group members run across or have extra copies, please
email me the details. Thanks!

Weston
weston@hooked.com