Re: Digest mode

Andreas Wistuba (A.Wistuba@DKFZ-Heidelberg.DE)
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 10:33:06 GMT+1

> I changed the default for new subscribers to DIGEST several months ago.
> The old default was NOACK. I made the change because it greatly reduces
> the number of error messages that I receive when mail starts bouncing.
> With DIGEST, I get one error msg per person per day. With ACK or
> NOACK, I get 10 or 15 errors per person per day.

While I do not like mailing lists which run in digest mode (;-)) this
might be a matter of taste.
However I am tired of these "Re: CP Digest 999" messages and do not
read them anymore. It's just a matter of time and people who
subscribe to more than one list or read a few newsgroups will not
have the time to read every message. They select from the subject
line whether they open a message or not. These "Re: ...." messages
remain unread!
Take a second of your time and restore your subject lines if you reply
from digest mode - please:-) or many (?) of the list subscribers do not
read your messages.

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba; Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Phone: +49-621-705471 / +49-621-7152027
Fax: +49-621-7152028
E-Mail: andreas.wistuba@rhein-neckar.de
WWW: http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~carnivor/index.html