Re: D. schizandra info request

Robert Beer (bbeer@u.washington.edu)
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 13:38:56 -0700 (PDT)

I am not growing D. schizandra but am growing D. prolifera and many
people have said that they have difficulty with that; it's in the same
group and similar requirements.

My treatment is really simple: I grow it in a large fish bowl, covered
over the top to keep it really humid. In the bottom of the bowl is pur
live sphagnum about 4 inches deep (now...it's grown). I keep it in an
east window but back from it enough that it only gets direct light in
early morning. And then I just leave it the hell alone. :) I think this
is a big thing actually...It sat there and grew slowly for about a year,
building up some strength. Then it started blooming this spring and
hasn't stopped since, and I now have probably 15 plants in there. Which
means I will have to disturb it eventually but I really doesn't like to
be messed with.

bob