Re: Re: CP digest 504

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Mon, 23 Oct 95 18:17 EDT

> From: "Thomas C. Smith" <tatar@SOVER.NET>
>
> I'm new to CP and am interested in starting a small collection

Very cool!

> Are VFT bulbs easier to grow to "maturity" than buying established plants?
> (and keeping them alive)

??? Often VFT is sold mature. It's best to look the plant over before
buying. They will come into a store healthy but will decline, sometimes
quickly. VFT is just about the easiest CP to grow in all stages of life.

> Are Cobra Pitcher Plants fairly easy to keep alive?

Darlingtonia (Cobra Lily) are very picky about temperature and
need to have cool/cold water (keeping it flowing helps) seep
through their soil. It can be a very hard plant to keep... but
if the area you live in doesn't get above 85 F. very often it
could very easy to grow.

> If these questions are answered elsewhere, please advise.

Send this message to listserv@opus.hpl.hp.com
'get cp index'
this gives you a list of files containing mucho info.

Dave