Re: Re: Re: What moisture meter readings are good?

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Mon, 09 Oct 95 16:56 EDT

> From: klmott@PLANETX.BLOOMU.EDU(Kristin L. Mott)
>

> Just thought I would add a few notes to Dave Evans' posting, since I
> was e there with him!
>

> The ground appeared dry *but* that was because they were in the middle
> of a dry spell, and had not gotten any rain in three weeks. In years
> past the area has been considerably wetter. All you have to do is dig
> down an inch or so to hit water. Another observation: the vft's seems
> to have seasonal growth patterns: upright in the summer (presumably
> because of competition with other plants) and hugging the ground in
> the winter (protection against the cr weather?) I don't think a plant
> in the winter growth phase is "unhappy"

Thanks for pointing it out... I had been thinking of plants in full growth,
like during the summer but I neglected to mention this==> Sorry!
I have never seen a VFT growing flat on the ground during active growth
except for the those growing in terrariums, those Little Pots of
Horrors, and when I was growing them in too much shade. So if it's
summer and VFT isn't standing up tall it probably wants more light.

Dave Evans