Re: Re: VFT roots, pots and dormacy [was: Re: VFT roots]

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Wed, 27 Sep 95 23:00 EDT

> From: writserv@MI.NET
>
> >The secret of success in growing VFT is (IMHO) to use LARGE pots!

Yes, larger pots get you happier CP. I think it helps to set up
a more natural environ for the roots.

> >times. The general opinion was that with VFT's dormacy is
> >necessary. Otherwise the plants would suffer in winter and eventually
> >die (Did I get that right?).

It's more like they get AIDS... they get real weak, grow crappy and
something, like fungus, is then able to kill them.

> >leaves. They grew very slowly, the leaves were very broad and the traps
> >small, but otherwise they looked healthy. As soon as the days got longer
> >again they started to grow normally again and produced the typical
> >summer-leaves and really big traps: This summer they even caught wasps
> >and the traps survived and opened again.

Wow! (I seem to be repeating my self today) That's huge!

Dave Evans