Re: All my E mail lost

Robert Beer (bbeer@u.washington.edu)
Mon, 18 Sep 1995 08:03:56 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry to hear that your email all disappeared....

Stratification is cool moist treatment. The most common way to stratify
seed is to plant it in the medium it is to sprout in, and then either
leave it outside if your climate is right, or just wrap the pot in a
plastic bag and put it in the refrigerator for 2 months or so. (Some
plants only need 4-6 weeks, others want more like 3 months). For
Sarracenias, a usual method if you are growing the plants outdoors all
year round is just to plant the seeds in the fall and let nature do the rest.

Good luck!

Bob