Re: some notes

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Tue, 25 Jul 95 20:13 EDT

> From: Seos mac Carthaigh <Seosamh.macCarthaigh@UCG.IE>
>

> As it happens we have had a very hot spell (for Ireland = upto 30c)
> and the VFT plants I grow outside in pots in a paddling pool have also
> grown much better this year as well. Higher temps see to be the
> answer. I got seriously low in water at one stage and the plants got
> a bit dry (ie wet --> moist). Didn't do amy harm for a few days.

Yep, VFT likes it hot. I just got back from a trip during which I saw
VFT in the wild and also in a couple front lawns the condition of soil
was alot drier than I had expected. I'd say it was very well drained
sand and some places straight peat. The soil was moist or damp, much
more like soil butterwarts like P.lutea are found in than Sarracenia.

Dave Evans