Re: Water and watering etc.

Wim Osterholt (wim@djo.wtm.tudelft.nl)
Tue, 27 Jun 1995 01:50:54 +0200 (MET DST)

> On Tue, 27 Jun 1995, Richard Marsden wrote:
> >
> I could probably rig something like this up. The problem with electronic
> pH meters, is the cost of the probes (which I think are also quite
> delicate). By the time we did this, and managed to source the resins &
> HCl + NaOH, I think we'll find that Reverse Osmosis units weren't much
> different in price!

Let's repeat this for the newcomers:
Remember that you all (probably) already have a H2O generator at home.
Take a matchbox or some such to prevent your fridge door to fully close.
Defrost it every day and collect the melting condensed ice from it into
a suitable device.
In the summer this can provide you up to a litre distilled water a day.
The (bigger) automatic defrosting fridges do collect their waste water on
top of the compressor for evaporating by it's heat.
Just lead the tube to a bottle instead :-)

Regards, Wim.

----- wim@djo.wtm.tudelft.nl -----
(wim@morgana.nl)