Re: fwd. VIRUS (maybe?)

Steve Clancy (slclancy@uci.edu)
Wed, 17 May 1995 16:51:33 -0700 (PDT)

This is pure bunk. It makes the rounds about every two years. A
computer virus is the same as any other computer program: it must be
executed in order to run. There have been some cases of trojan horses
(NOT viruses) being hidden in ANSI sequences.

This is a prime example of another "urban myth!"

Steve Clancy
Science Library
University of California, Irvine
P.O. Box 19556
Irvine, CA 92713-9556
U.S.A.
714-824-7309
slclancy@uci.edu

[Please quote this message when you reply]