Re: ants

dave evans (T442119@RUTADMIN.RUTGERS.EDU)
Wed, 26 Apr 95 22:44 EDT

> I fed a large red ant to my Drosera capensis. The ant struggled for a while
> and eventully died. Four or five hours later the entire sundew leaf had
> shriveled up and was dead. What could have happened? Do ants poison sudews?
> David dewey

Perhaps the venom produced by ant (and bees) are toxic in the same
manner fumes from acetic are poisonousto most CP. I'm pretty sure those
larger red ant produce more venom than say carpenter ants.
Comments please!

Dave Evans