More Subscription Stuff

Rick Walker (walker@cutter.hpl.hp.com)
Fri, 31 Mar 1995 19:20:28 -0800

Dear Terry,

> >Because our non-profit status does not allow us to carry over
> >money from year to year, we are forced to only offer
> >1-year subscriptions.
>
> Say what? I paid my subs for two years (to avoid cheque charges
> when converting to US$) in 1992, and I'm pretty sure I did the
> same in 1994.

To be more precise: we are only allowed to carry over an amount
equal to about 2 months of operating income. Exceptions are made
occasionally on a case by case basis. At the moment, we try to discourage
multi-year subscriptions, but if only a few people do it, then it won't
hurt anything.

To Steve B.: Is it possible to print the current expiration date on
the CPN address label? Something like:

Rick Walker [exp 12/96]
2060 Oberlin Street
Palo Alto, CA 94306-1315

This might prevent a lot of worrying by members.

> (PS How can I check that I am paid up for this year?
> Inquire if I am on the mailing list?) Is this not what I was
> supposed to do?

At the moment, I do not have a copy of the roster. You will need to
contact either Steve Baker (chief editor), or Kevin Snively
(sec'y/treas.) to get the current info. If your check cleared, and
you are currently getting issues, I wouldn't worry about it.