RE: NOVEL WAY TO FEED DRO

Walter Hafner (hafner@forwiss.tu-muenchen.de)
Fri, 3 Mar 95 08:59:26 +0100

Hi!

> I grabbed your message off the CP mailing list. Sorry to harass you,
> but i have just bot my first Drosera and am need of info. The packaging
> is really generic and lists it only as an "Octopus" plant, also referred
> to as a "Sundews" Drosera species. Might you know the real name of this
> plant so I can better find info in the mailing list postings that are
> immediately relevant to me. Any hep would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure I understand your question. I'm german, you see, I
discovered the CP list only last week and I still don't know all the
English names for the plants. :-)

I admit I have only very limited knowledge, but I'll try to give you
some information. Following are all genuses (genii??) of carnivorous
plants (the latin names), the German names, as far as there is one and
the English names as far as I know them:

Latin German English

Aldrovanda
Byblis
Cephalotus westaustral. Kannenpflanze
Darlingtonia Kobrapflanze Cobra Lily
Dionaea Venus Filegenfalle Venus Flytrap
Drosera Sonnentau Sundew
Drosophyllum
Genlisea
Heliamphora Sonnenkrug
Nepenthes Kannenpflanze Pitcher plant (??)
Pinguicula Fettkraut
Polypomholyx
Sarracenia Schlauchpflanze Pitcher plant (??)
Utricularia Wasserschlauch

-Walter