CO2

Peter Cole (carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk)
Sun, 26 Feb 1995 11:23:59 GMT

Michael Livingston wrote:
> As far as the CO2 dispenser goes, that is an expense that I was not
> quite expecting. Like I mentioned I only have two Drosera which

I recall a few weeks back someone ( sorry, I forget who, ) suggested
using yeast & sugar to produce CO2 in a small jar or similar inside
the terrarium. I am just in the process of doing this myself - I
figure it might be a good idea to stop the neck of the jar with
cotton wool or suchlike, just in case escaped yeast might cause a
problem in the terrarium, or use an external jar connected by tubing.
It's certainly a lot cheaper than cylinders...

Just my 2 pennorth...

Happy growing,

Peter

Peter Cole | carnivor@bunyip.demon.co.uk | snowing...