Re: Pings from seed

Pekka Ala-Siuru (pal@tko.vtt.fi)
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 11:46:19 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 23 Feb 1995, Scott Portman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do Pinguicula (or Drosera) seedlings 'damp off' without sufficient air
> circulation? Currently, I have a small pot of P. lusitanica germinating in
> 50:50 milled peat and fine sand, standing in a shallow water tray. The
> whole thing is in a ziplock bag. I'm wondering whether the bag should be
> removed - as long as the soil surface stays moist...

I have germinated succesfully Pinguicula emarginata and P. zecheri in open
air (pots in water tray and sufficient water level; moist all the time).

Good growing..
..Pekka

Pekka Ala-Siuru
Senior Analyst, Embedded Knowledge-Based Systems
VTT Electronics, P.O.Box 1100, FIN-90571, Oulu,Finland
Tel. +358 81 551 2461, Telefax +358 81 551 2320