Aldrich & Sigma

Kristin L. Mott (klmott@planetx.bloomu.edu)
Mon, 6 Feb 1995 21:19:04 +0500

Ronnie wrote:
> I too have seen _P. caerulea_ flowering white in the wild.
>I mentioned this to a friend who grows pings and he also said he had never
>seen a white flowered _P. caerulea_. Could this be possibly a mutant that
>has not yet been described? If so what are the chances of producing a
>white flowered version in a natural population. Just a thought.

The above mentioned plant has been formally described, and is known as:

_P. caerulea var. leucantha_ (if my memory serves me correctly......)

I found a similar plant and Ron Gagliardo was kind enough to send me a copy
of the article that described the plant. Unfortunately, the article is two
hours away at my parent's house at the moment, so therefore I can not confirm
my spelling etc.

-Tom- (& Krissy)