Re: TC but on another note

Andreas Wistuba (a.wistuba@carnivor.rhein-neckar.de)
11 Jan 1995 11:37:00 +0100

Dear Terry,

you wrote:

> While tissue culture is such a hot subject....
>
> Has anyone produced any plants by anther
> culture? I left out the "haploid" because I
> wasn't sure if CP's come in different ploidy
> levels besides diploid. Anyone set me straight?

Not to my knowledge. Anther culture even in species where protocols
already exist is regarded as one of the most difficult tissue culture
operations one could try. Best to my knowledge (but as I ve only read
about this subject I might be wrong) you would need a highly controlled
environment hard to achieve in a non-pro lab.

All the best

Andreas

Andreas Wistuba
Mudauer Ring 227; 68259 Mannheim; Germany
Tel.: +49 621 705471 Fax: +49 621 711307
e-mail: a.wistuba@carnivor.rhein-neckar.de
a.wistuba@dkfz-heidelberg.de
## CrossPoint v3.02 ##