(no subject)

Kay.Klier@uni.edu
Wed, 04 Jan 1995 19:21:48 -0600 (CST)

Subj: RE Taxacom

>> TAXACOM is a listserv for taxonomists... mostly news and
>>announcements,

>Is it restricted to only plant taxonomy or do the other kingdoms
>get a go as well?

What???!!! People want to study other-than-plants???? <grin!>

Yes, there are various types of animal taxonomists (or perhaps
taxonomists of various types of animals) subscribed, though I've
yet to see anyone that I recognize as a taxonomist of prokaryotes
responding to the list. As you might expect, there's quite a bit
of discussion of software for keying, data retrieval, etc., and
a thread on GIS (geographic information systems) a while back (if
I'm recalling the right list!)

The address is listserv@ucbcmsa.berkeley.edu I may have mistyped
it previously, as I'm currently dealing with a cold that I'd like
to give back to its previous owner. <grin>

Kay Klier Biology Dept Univ. Northern Iowa klier@cobra.uni.edu