Re: You want pictures??

David K. Purks (telenet!unicorn!dkpurks@uunet.uu.net)
Sat, 19 Nov 1994 08:22:31 -0500 (EST)

Jim Houston writes:

> The *best* book (and it's
> relatively new) strictly for the pictures, is a book entitled
> _CARNIVOROUS PLANTS CARE AND CULTIVATION_ by Marcel Lecoufle. I tend
> to question some of the text however. I say that for a couple
> reasons; 1) D. spatulata is spelled *spathulata* consistently
> throughout the book when that species is referenced. Dave Purks and
> others own a copy of this plant and I have a tendency to trust their
> spelling. 2) The book implies that S. purpurea is also the same thing

Hold on there! I'm just as confused as the next guy. I attribute
my current spelling of D.spatulata 'rotundata' to Jan's nomenclature
list. I've seen it spelled both ways in various books and used to
spell it the other way myself until I found the plant in his list.

Maybe Jan can shed some light on this?

Dave
in Virginia where it's 60F and sunny
and 4 of my Utrics species are blooming!