Re: gibberellic (sp) acid

Jan Schlauer (
Wed, 19 Jan 1994 21:18:34 +0100


>The plant seems to have responded with a new spurt of growth. Is it my
>imagination or does this stuff actually work?

It does indeed work. But be careful not to overdose especially with
gibberellic acid! This one is particularly dangerous for plants (may cause
severe malformation).

>It seems to smell a bit like alcohol - what is it?

It is most likely alcohol (gibberellic acid is somewhat hydrophobic, the
free acid is solid at ambient temps).

Happy growing!