Re: question

Rupert Wilson (sbswilsn@reading.ac.uk)
Mon, 10 Jan 1994 08:15:14 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 9 Jan 1994, Andreas Wistuba wrote:

> Is it possible to send graphics or other documents via e-mail. I have
> the possibility to attach documents with the e-mails I send however I
> do not know whether it works or whether it's necessary to have
> winpmail (The program I use) to receive such documents.

Sure its possible, the best bet is to use the Unix UUENCODE/UUDECODE
programs. Simply run UUENCODE to convert your GIF image or other document
to a suitable format. Attach this new file to your e-mail and send it.
All the recipient has to do is extract the attached file run UUDECODE and
the GIF file or other file is back as it was before you sent it.
UUENCODE/UUDECODE is so beautiful since it can scan any e-mail quite
happily and will only do its stuff when it finds a certain key line
marking the start of the UUencoded part.

Hot Stuff!

Regards,
Rupes.
| /_/_/ / / / / / /_/_/ / /_/_ /_/_ sbswilsn@reading.ac.uk (Internet) |
| /\ __\/ / / / / /\___\/ /\___\ \__/\ Herbarium, School of Plant Sciences |
| / /\\ /_/_/ / / / /_/__ ____/ / University of Reading, U.K. :-o |