CP

Don Burden (donb@coplex.coplex.com)
Mon, 13 Dec 93 20:02 EST

Tom writes:

> On Andreas list, there are two N. Veitchii: A highland and a lowland.
> The highland is 50DM but the lowland is 150DM. Anyone know what
> the difference between these is? Besides the price and growing requirements.

The price differential is probably due to the age and size of the plants.
The highland form is 50 DM and thats for a plant 5 to 8 cm in diameter
(2 to 3 inches). These are probably year-old in-vitro propagated plants.
The lowland form is 150 DM and the size of the plant is not mentioned -
I assume these are rooted cuttings (probably 1-node sections that have
sprouted). The typical 'highland form' has a red-striped peristome and
distinct petioles. The typical 'lowland form' has a uniformly yellow/green
peristome and the petiole is indistinct. I'm still waiting for a few
orders to come by mail so I'll send our requests to Andreas the end of this
week.

I got the new Mellingers catalog Saturday. They sell Superthrive for $6.40
for 4 ounces. The Hormex concentrate for $4.69 for 4 ounces is probably
the same stuff. Interesting is a do-it-yourself in-vitro tissue propagation
kit for $137.95.

--
Don Burden
New Albany, Indiana, USA