Re: Allen Lowrie's seeds

John Taylor [The Banshee] (rphjt@minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU)
Wed, 29 Sep 93 17:14:58 +0000

>> What has the experience been with seeds from Allen Lowrie.
>> His catalog is impressive.
>>
>> Lowrie charges a lot of money and doesn't give
>> you much seed. If the CPN seed bank starts
>> shaping up as I expect, it will be the better
>> deal. I didn't have much germination success
>> with Lowrie seeds either, but that could have
>> been my fault.
>I made similar experiences. He is rather expensive and I have not had
>success even with B. liniflora which usually germinates *very* easily.
>
>However, I had success with his B.gigantea seeds, but no success with
>Utricularia seeds. Again this could have been my fault, too.

I didn't have any success with any of my seeds from Allen (B. liniflora,
a couple of tuberous Droseras and Pinguics) the exception was a couple of
Genliseas, which died shortly after :-( His seeds *seem* to be fertile
(for example, the D. arturi seeds were very large not the small infertile
one I often see in some of my other plants seed-pods) - maybe we're all very
unlucky...

| John Taylor [The Banshee] | Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology |
| rphjt@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au | Department of Applied Physics |
| MOKING IS A HEALTH HAZARD. | Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA |