(no subject)

Jan Schlauer (zxmsl01@studserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de)
Fri, 16 Jul 93 10:32:12 +0200

Barry, you wrote:

>Also my _P.kondoi/P.reticulata_ plant is going to flower.

Would you please check if the pedicel of the flower has
non-functional (i.e. non-mucilaginous) glandular hairs on it?
Are the petals white with violet-blue nerves (like _P.caeru-
lea_), and the sepals truncate at their apex?

>Jan, I have a plant that Rob Maharajh sent to me. It is
>_D.cuneifolia var.undulata_. It is getting bigger, and it looks just
>like the other _D.cuneifolia_. Do you know what is the
>difference, what is supposed to undulate?

I do not know that taxon (and I don+t know of any text
validating this combination).

>Oh, I have for some time grown some _D.capillaris_ that I've
>called _D. capillaris_ `Bridgett Ann' (in the interest of romance,
>but as Jan would point out---quite invalidly).

Yep! 8-)

>Jan, I am now completely reformed and obey nomenclatural >practices in
all my plants now.

This is very nice to see, indeed!
Kind regards
Jan