Sarracenia seed alert for the new year!

From: Phil Sheridan (meadowview@pitcherplant.org)
Date: Mon Dec 29 1980 - 23:51:11 PST

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1980 23:51:11 -0800
From: Phil Sheridan <meadowview@pitcherplant.org>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: Sarracenia seed alert for the new year!

Hi Folks:

With the dawning of the New Year approaching now is the time to start
checking your catalogs and thinking of all the wonderful Sarracenia you
would like to grow. Please remember that Meadowview will produce high
quality Sarracenia seed according to your specifications. We bag
flowers,hand pollinate, and mail your mature Sarracenia capsules in the
fall. Please note that we quality control each phase of production:
flowers are bagged prior to opening to prevent cross contamination
following our tested methods; flowers are hand pollinated with a
tootpick which is disposed of immediately after pollination, again
preventing pollen contamination; flowers are labelled to cross identity
with a permanent label; capsules are harvested at maturity without seed
loss and dried in labelled coin envelopes. All of these steps guarantee
that you get the cross you want with the quality you deserve. Due to
the large number of crosses we have done we may even be able to give you
an expected seed yield and germination rate.

If you are interested in having a specific Sarracenia cross made please
contact us within the next month or two. We charge $25.00 per cross
which includes postage and handling. If you have any further questions
please contact us soon!

Sincerely,

Phil Sheridan
Director