RE: growing CP under lights

From: Tim Malcolm (tmalcolm@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Dec 22 2000 - 12:00:16 PST

Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:00:16 -0800
From: Tim Malcolm <tmalcolm@islandnet.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: growing CP under lights

My growing setup consists of a plywood box with a glass front and top.
The glass in the front is in two pieces and is set in a plastic track
that allows them to slide open for easy access. I think the total cost
of materials was arount CAN$40 for a 4' x 14" x 18" case. (I think
that's about $1.95 US these days.) It is painted with "kitchen and
bathroom" type paint to accomodate high humidity and spills. The plants
are in trays that are set on an adjustable sheliving system so the
distance from the light can be adjusted. Lighting is the standard two
cheap flourescent shoplights ("plant and aquarium" bulbs, if anyone
cares.).

I have had this system for about a year now and can't imagine going back to my previous aquarium based
system.

Just one more opinion...

tim.