RE: This is my setup for growing CP's

From: john green (thegreens13@juno.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 12:17:51 PST

Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 15:17:51 -0500 (EST)
From: john green <thegreens13@juno.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: RE: This is my setup for growing CP's

-----Original Message-----
R B [mailto:eklaab@hotmail.com] wrote:

>I live in Los Angeles and the humidity is low
>here, so I do have to deal with the humidity...
>I put together my own system which costs less
>and works better. First, I bought the frame,
>which consisted of metal (chrome) wire-frame
>shelving unit, which is 4 feet wide, about a
>little over 6 feet high with a depth of 17 inches.
>I got it at OSH for $90. There are four shelves
>spaced vertically about 2 feet apart, and each
>shelf can hold 600 pounds, more than enough for
>what I need...

Is the humidity low in LA? It always feels high when I'm down there, but
then I'm from Salt Lake. And actually, most of my plants manage okay even
with the low humidity, except for my two Neps, which won't pitcher without
it. But anyway, I've been thinking of setting up something like what you're
talking about. Do you have a picture of your growing area, specifically the
metal shelving unit? I'm a little too cheap to spend $90 for one (my wife
would never let me, either) but maybe I could improvise with something else.
Thanks.

John Green
Salt Lake City, Utah
john.green@ascensus.com