New Zealand Sphagnum Moss Source

From: Doug Burdic (dburdic@harborside.com)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 10:56:09 PST

Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 10:56:09 -0800
From: "Doug Burdic" <dburdic@harborside.com>
To: cp@opus.hpl.hp.com
Subject: New Zealand Sphagnum Moss Source

Hello Matt and All,

While I've never personally even seen New Zealand sphagnum
moss (just the North American stuff), it seems like this year it's
been mentioned several times on the list-anybody want to trade
a handful of it for my 'ordinary Florence,Oregon sphagnum?
Anyway, this may be old news to list members, but I did a
quick search on suppliers of it and came up with a company in
Riverside, California that sells it; don't know just how 'dead' it
is -i.e. heat sterilized so it won't regenerate-but it's worth a shot.
Here's the URL in case anybody's interested:

http://www.orchid-supplies.com/orchid_moss.html

Best Wishes,

Doug

Doug Burdic